The true rider motorcycle – now redesigned for 2018. Smaller, much lighter and much more agile.
The new Goldwing has an evocative, flat six-cylinder engine that delivers an avalanche of torque and power, and it still remains Honda’s flagship premium tourer, loaded with features that allow two people to ride in style.
- Contemorary edge: The Goldwing presents a unique silhouette and counterpoints comfort with the dynamic abilities of chassis and engine, adding the traditional Gold Wing premium level of fit, finish and materials. The new ‘face’ is daringly forward-slanting; combined with the compact fairing proportions, it presents an energetic frontal signature. The key line of the body, stretching front to back, highlights the differing upper and lower bodywork functions while clearly showcasing the reduced overall size of the machine. A central element is the fairing, with its sharp and solid flat surfaces, and its nuanced aerodynamic detailing. It adds a tension that hints at the performance on offer.
- Get comfy: Comfort, heat management and air management vastly improved from the previous model – the new design channels airflow around the rider and pillion, effectively providing a pleasant cooling breeze. A smaller electric screen, operated from the left handlebar provides excellent wind protection in conjunction with a sense of space and freedom when required.
- LED: All lighting is LED. The lower portion of the headlights use 5 polished optical lenses on both sides to create a Jewel-Eye low beam light signature. Using high beam (in the upper portion) creates a stereoscopic impression.
- Go cruising: The Gold Wing’s cruise control has evolved; the set speed is now shown in the bottom left area of the speedometer with a smoother transition to the specified speed and a much smoother operation, especially when going uphill.
- Smart key: The ignition and handlebar lock can be turned on or off while just carrying the smart key. A push button opens the panniers and top box and the unlock button on the smart key enables the passenger to instantly access the saddlebags and the rear luggage box.
- Get smart: The Gold Wing is now compatible with Apple CarPlay, so the rider can utilise the personalised information and content inside their iPhone, such as telephone numbers and music playlists. Bluetooth connectivity has been adopted and a USB cable can also be plugged in.
- Weight saving: Total weight saving of 48kg compared to the previous model, with die-cast aluminium twin beam frame designed to package the (now much more compact) engine in a tighter space.
- Luxurious instrumentation: The 7-inch full-colour TFT liquid crystal display screen provides infotainment-related information (for the audio and navigation systems) as well as managing the HSTC and suspension adjustment. Information is displayed in differentiated segments in a very functional order, so the rider can get all the relevant data with the minimum of eye movement.
- Storage: The rear top box of the ‘Tour’ versions will hold 2 full-face helmets; combined with the panniers 110L storage capacity is available
|Bore × Stroke (mm)||73mm x 73mm|
|Carburation||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||1,833cc|
|Engine Type (cm³)||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 24 valve SOHC flat-6|
|Max. Power Output||93kW/5500rpm|
|Starter||Integrated Starter Generator system|
|Brakes Front||320mm x 4.5mm dual hydraulic disc with 6-piston calliper, floating rotors and sintered metal pads|
|Brakes Rear||316mm x 11mm ventilated disc with 3-piston calliper and sintered metal pads|
|Suspension Front||Double Wishbone|
|Suspension Rear||Pro Link|
|Tyre Size Front||130/70R 18|
|Tyre Size Rear||200/55R 16|
|Wheels Front||18 x MT3.5|
|Wheels Rear||16 x MT6.0|
|ABS System||Electronically-controlled combined ABS system|
Dimensions and Weights
|Battery Capacity (VAh)||12V/20AH|
|Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm)||2,575mm x 925mm x 1,430mm|
|Frame type||Aluminum die-cast, twin tube|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres)||21.1 litres|
|Fuel Consumption||5.6 litres/100km|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||130mm|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||379kg|
|Seat Height (mm)||745mm|
|Oil Capacity||4.4 litres (MT)|
|Clutch||(MT) Hydraulic, wet, multiplate with coil springs, assist slipper cam|
|Final Drive||Enclosed shaft|
|Gearbox||6 speed Manual including overdrive and electric reverse|
Instruments and Electrics
|12v Socket||USB as standard / optional 12v charger|
|Instruments||7-inch TFT display|