€7,699 – €7,999
The CMX500 Rebel is all about freedom for all motorcyclists, particularly A2 licence holders. With a strong, liquid-cooled, parallel twin-cylinder engine cradled in low chassis, it’s a stunning looking bike – a blank canvas – and one that’s ready for whatever your imagination has in store for it.
- Firm footing: Placing your feet firmly on the ground instills more confidence when you’re on and off the footpegs in town traffic.
- Custom look: Set high up front, evocative of an earlier era, the round headlight features a 135mm diameter glass lens. The whole assembly is fixed with a die-cast aluminium mount.
- Minimal speedometer: The ‘one button’ speedo is a compact 100mm dial with negative LCD display and blue backlight; it’s striking and effective.
- Side key: Like many traditional machines, the ignition is housed below the left side of the fuel tank.
- A natural ride: Footpegs are mid mounted, for a relaxed riding position. They combine well with the Rebel’s slim proportion and low seat height for superior comfort – reducing fatigue on a longer journey.
- Stop on sight: The fat ‘bobber’ style rims and rubber are matched nicely with a twin piston caliper up front. The rear is a single piston type and the two-channel system ABS brakes, come as standard.
|Bore × Stroke (mm)||67 x 66.8|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||471cc|
|Engine Type (cm³)||Liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Max. Power Output||33.5kW/8,500rpm|
|Oil Capacity (Litres)||3.2 litres|
|Suspension Front||41mm Telescopic forks|
|Suspension Rear||Showa with pro-link system|
|Tyre Size Front||130/90-16M/C 67H|
|Tyre Size Rear||150/80-16M/C 71H|
|Wheels Front||16M/C x MT3.00|
|Wheels Rear||16M/C x MT3.00|
Dimensions and Weights
|Battery Capacity (VAh)||12V|
|Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm)||2,188 x 820 x 1,094|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres)||11.2L|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||136mm|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||190kg|
|Seat Height (mm)||690mm|
|Clutch||Wet multiplate Hydraulic|
Instruments and Electrics
|Tail Light||Bulb 8.3W|