The Fireblade: Equipped with Selectable Torque Control (with built-in Wheelie and Rear Lift Control), Selectable Engine Brake, new ABS brakes, an optional Quickshifter with Downshift Assist, Riding Mode Select System, Power Selector and fully adjustable Showa suspension.
- The Power Selector: You can easily choose the Street, Circuit or Mechanic modes from the full-colour, TFT liquid crystal dash. Once selected, only the relevant information is displayed for the ride you want.
- Honda Selectable Torque Control: Also known as HSTC, it has nine-levels of traction control and automatically changes the levels of rear wheel driving force. This feature is derived from the RC213V Moto GP machine.
- Selectable Engine Brake Control: Changes the engine’s braking characteristics while decelerating with the throttle shut off.
- Throttle by wire: The first Honda production bike to have this feature installed – driven by an Acceleration Position Sensor situated in the handlebar switchgear – you get a natural roll-on, roll-off feel.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper: Also referred to as HESD, it will automatically adjust to improve the stability of the bike according to the speed and cornering angle.
- Quickshifter: Available as an option on the Fireblade, it assists the rider to make smooth gear changes – up or down in conjunction with an auto-blipper – without using the clutch.
- New ABS Brakes: By monitoring the lean angle, the new ABS delivers smooth, effective braking in a straight line and into a corner.
|Bore × Stroke (mm)||76 x 55|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||999cc|
|Engine Type (cm³)||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC Inline-4|
|Max. Power Output||141kW/13,000rpm|
|Oil Capacity (Litres)||3.4|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic inverted fork with an inner tube diameter of 43 mm, and a Big Piston Front Fork with preload, compression and rebound adjustment, 120mm stroke|
|Suspension Rear||Unit Pro-Link with gas-charged HMAS damper featuring 10-step preload and stepless compression and rebound damping adjustment, 138.2mm stroke. Rear Balance Free Rear Cushion with preload, compression and rebound adjustment, 62mm stroke.|
|Tyres Front||120/70ZR17 58W|
|Tyre Size Rear||190/50ZR17 73W|
|Wheels Front||17 inch|
|Wheels Rear||17 inch|
Dimensions and Weights
|Battery Capacity (VAh)||12V-7AH(Li-ion)|
|Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm)||2,065mm x 720mm x 1125mm|
|Frame type||Diamond; aluminium composite twin spar|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres)||16L|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||130mm|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||196kg|
|Seat Height (mm)||832mm|
|Clutch||Wet, multiplate with diaphragm spring with assist slipper|
Instruments and Electrics
|Instruments||Full colour TFT LCD display|