The Fireblade SP1: Equipped with semi-active Öhlins Step motor-type Electronic Control suspension, plus Honda Selectable Torque Control, Wheelie Control, Rear Lift Control, Selectable Engine Brake, new ABS, Quickshifter (with Downshift Assist), Riding Mode Select System and Power Selector. RC213V-S MotoGP derived technology elevates the riding experience even further.
- The Power Selector: You can easily choose the Street, Circuit or Mechanic modes from the full-colour, TFT liquid crystal dash. Once selected, only the relevant information is displayed for the ride you want.
- Honda Selectable Torque Control: Also known as HSTC, it has nine-levels of traction control and automatically changes the levels of rear wheel driving force. This system is derived from the RC213V Moto GP machine.
- ÖHLINS Smart EC: This unique suspension system constantly monitors the ride and will change the damping and rebound forces to suit the different track or roads conditions.
- Quickshifter: A must on a sports machine, it assists the rider to make smooth gear changes – up or down in conjunction with an auto-blipper – without using the clutch.
- Wheelie Control: Not only stops the front wheel from lifting from a hot start, but will control lift while accelerating hard out of corners too.
- Throttle by wire: The first Honda production bike to have this feature installed – driven by an Acceleration Position Sensor situated in the handlebar switchgear – you get a natural roll-on, roll-off feel.
- Selectable Engine Brake Control: Changes the engine’s braking characteristics while decelerating with the throttle shut off.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper: Also referred to as HESD, it will automatically adjust to improve the stability of the bike according to the speed and cornering angle.
- Cornering ABS: Eliminates the front brake from locking up under hard braking in a straight line and into a corner. It also helps maintain stability by keeping the rear wheel from lifting.
|Bore × Stroke (mm)||76 x 55|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||999cc|
|Engine Type (cm³)||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC Inline-4|
|Max. Power Output||141kW/13,000rpm|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic inverted fork with an inner tube diameter of 43mm, and a NIX30 Smart-EC (OHLINS) Front Fork with preload, compression and rebound adjustments, 120mm stroke|
|Suspension Rear||Unit Pro-Link with gas-charged TTX36 Smart-EC (Öhlins) damper featuring preload and compression and rebound damping adjustment, 60mm stroke|
|Tyres Front||120/70ZR17 58W|
|Tyre Size Rear||190/50ZR17 73W|
|Wheels Front||17 inch|
|Wheels Rear||17 inch|
Dimensions and Weights
|Battery Capacity (VAh)||12V-4.5AH(Li-ion)|
|Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm)||2,065mm x 715mm x 1125mm|
|Frame type||Diamond; aluminium composite twin spar|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres)||16L|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||129mm|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||195kg|
|Seat Height (mm)||820mm|
|Clutch||Wet, multiplate clutch|
|Gearbox||6-speed with quickshifter|
Instruments and Electrics
|Instruments||Full colour TFT LCD display|