Sleek, urban design for a modern lifestyle. With compact, retro-minimal Neo Sports Café styling, full LED lighting, an addictive four-cylinder engine and a sharp-handling chassis.
- The new CB650R features rich digital LCD instruments that are easy to read. Now included in the display are a Gear Position and Shift Up indicator, a water thermometer, a peak hold meter of the engine RPM, and an upshift indicator linked with the engine RPM to let the driver know when to change gears. The tapered handlebars of the CB650R offer easy leverage for fast steering reaction. You are the king of the urban jungle. Show the world what you’re capable of.
- The lighting system of the CB650R is optimally engineered. All lighting is premium LED. The circular headlight, equipped with a sharp black bezel, mirrors the elliptical style of the CB1000R Neo Sports Café and throws out an intense, blue-tinted beam. The taillight design takes cues from the CB1000R’s minimalism.
- The urban jungle can be unpredictable. That’s why you need a motorcycle that will give you smooth, optimal control in any weather. The dual radial-mount four-piston calipers grip 310mm floating discs, complemented by a single-piston rear caliper and a 240mm disc. Dual channel ABS maintains smooth control in wet or dry conditions. Conquer the road, rain or shine.
- The CB650R is equipped with premium 5-spoke Y-shaped aluminum wheels. The innovative design optimises rigidity while cutting down on thickness, giving you maximum strength with minimum weight.
- Adjustable 41mm Showa Separate Fork Function (SFF) USD forks offer supple suspension response and excellent feel for front tyre grip. They complement the frame’s tuned rigidity balance and 6kg weight loss from the chassis.
- The CB650R’s inline four-cylinder, DOHC 16-valve engine produces 70kW with strong mid-range torque of 64Nm. It has a 12,000rpm redline and features Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) to maintain rear wheel traction. The ignition switch has been moved to the front of the fuel tank cover to create a minimalist frontal area.
- The CB650R is equipped with a dual air intake duct that pulls in fresh air directly from the front. This improves intake efficiency and optimises torque delivery.
- The new CB650R provides perfect traction as you’re racing down the road. Rear wheel traction is managed by Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC). When the wheel sensors detect a difference between front and rear wheel speeds, the system smoothly reduces torque to the rear wheel, maintaining traction.
- The new CB650R is all about balance. The frame’s elliptical spars feature tuned rigidity balance for front and rear wheel feedback. The curved aluminium swingarm is designed to be both hardwearing and handsome. 120/70-17 and 180/55-17 front and rear tyres deliver superbike-sized grip levels. Ride in style.
- The Assist/Slipper Clutch manages the six-speed gearbox while easing upshifts and downshifts with its light clutch lever action. It also prevents rear wheel lockup during rapid downshifting to allow smoothly controlled corner entry.
- The CB650R’s Emergency Stop Signal technology helps keep you safe if you ever need to hit the brakes unexpectedly. The system detects sudden braking and automatically activates the front and rear hazard lights, which flash to warn any nearby vehicles.
|Bore × Stroke (mm)||67mm x 46mm|
|Carburation||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection|
|C02 Emissions (g/km)||112|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||649cc|
|Engine Type (cm³)||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC inline-4 cylinder|
|Max. Power Output||70kW/12,000rpm|
|ABS System||2 channel|
|Brakes Front||310 mm x 4.5 mm disc with four piston caliper|
|Brakes Rear||240 mm x 5 mm disc with single piston caliper|
|Suspension Front||Showa separate function fork (SFF) USD|
|Suspension Rear||Mono with 10 stage pre-load adjuster, Aluminium Cast swingarm|
|Tyre Size Front||120/70ZR17 M/C (58W)|
|Tyre Size Rear||180/55ZR17 M/C (73W)|
|Wheels Front||17M/C X MT3.50 Multi-Spoke Cast Aluminium|
|Wheels Rear||17M/C X MT5.50 Multi-Spoke Cast Aluminium|
Dimensions and Weights
|Battery Capacity (VAh)||YTZ10/FTZ10S 8.6Ah MF|
|Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm)||2,130mm X 780mm X 1,075mm|
|Frame type||Steel diamond|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres)||15.4L|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||150mm|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||202kg|
|Seat Height (mm)||810mm|
|Clutch||Wet multiplate, A.S.clutch|
Instruments and Electrics
|Ignition System||Full transisterized|
|Instruments||Digital Speedometer, Digital Bar Graph Tachometer, Dual Trip Meters, Digital Fuel Level Gauge & Fuel Consumption Gauge, Digital Clock, Water Temp, Gear position, Shift UP Indicator|