A sharp, fresh aesthetic and compact, street fighter style. A2 licence friendly.
One look. It takes just one look for your entire body to become one with the CB500F. It was built for you and you know it. You smile. You radiate confidence, boosted by the bike’s stripped-down, aggressive new silhouette and fierce styling. The road is wide open.
- Balance, easy handling, control: we’ve thought of everything so you’re free to have all the fun you can handle. The CB500F features a steel diamond-tube frame with a tuned rigidity balance to enhance feedback. The engine is close to the swingarm pivot point to make handling as simple as possible. Seat height is easy to adjust. The tapered aluminium handlebars add control.
- When you’re on the road, you just want to focus on enjoying the journey. That’s why the CB500F features 41mm telescopic forks, delivering a smooth and controlled ride. The Pro-Link monoshock rear suspension features a 5-stage spring pre-load adjustment and works through a rigid box-section swingarm. Control, adjustability, thrill: this bike has it all.
- The CB500F was built to give any rider the perfect balance between good grip and light, neutral steering. Lightweight 17-inch cast aluminium wheels feature hollow cross-section Y-shaped spokes. The front tyre is a 120/70-ZR17, the rear a 160/60-ZR17. There’s not an ounce of excess weight on this tight, streamlined bike—it’s all speed.
- Whether you’re riding in the rain or on a dry summer day, the CB500F is equipped to provide you with unmatched braking control. A single front 320mm wavy disc and powerful two-piston brake caliper is matched to a 240mm rear disc and single-piston caliper. Dual channel ABS is fitted as standard. The road is your playground. Enjoy it.
- The new CB500F comes equipped with an attractive negative-display LCD dash that presents all the information you need in a clear and concise way. It includes a speedo and rev-counter, dual trip meters, fuel level and consumption gauges, and a Gear Position indicator.
- The 8-valve, liquid-cooled parallel twin-cylinder engine produces 35kW @ 8,600rpm – making it A2 licence compliant – with a peak torque of 43Nm @ 6,500rpm. Revised camshafts and valve lift have increased low- and mid-range torque for faster acceleration.
- Full LED lighting gives the CB500F a contemporary edge. It’s also more efficient, which means it makes less of a demand on the electrical system and causes less drag on the engine.
- A redesigned airbox streamlines the PGM-FI fuel injection process, and a new exhaust system gets rid of spent gases quickly and effectively. The muffler’s internal chamber has been engineered for efficiency, but it’s also tuned to add a crisp, evocative note to the riding experience. The CB500F is adapted to give you powerful torque at low- and mid-range engine speeds.
- The internal triangle proportion of crankshaft, main shaft and countershaft is very similar to that of the CBR1000RR Fireblade, and much of the engine’s internal structure and engineering is taken directly from the four-cylinder engine.
- The CB500F is designed around the concept of mass centralisation. The heavier parts of the bike, including the engine, are placed as close together as possible toward the centre of the machine, substantially improving steering and handling.
- The CB500F is equipped with Honda’s Emergency Stop Signal to instantaneously warn other drivers in the event of sudden braking. The ABS modulator detects abrupt braking at speeds of 56km/h or more and automatically activates the front and rear hazard lights to warn any nearby vehicles.
|Bore × Stroke (mm)||67mm x 66.8mm|
|Carburation||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection|
|C02 Emissions (g/km)||80|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||471cc|
|Engine Type (cm³)||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC parallel twin|
|Max. Power Output||35kW / 8600rpm|
|Max. Torque||43Nm / 6500 rpm|
|ABS System||2 channel|
|Brakes Front||320 mm x 5 mm disc with two piston caliper|
|Brakes Rear||240 mm x 5 mm disc with single piston caliper|
|Suspension Front||Conventional Telescopic, 41mm, pre-load adjustable|
|Suspension Rear||Prolink mono with 5 stage pre-load adjuster, steel square pipe swingarm|
|Tyre Size Front||120/70ZR-17M/C|
|Tyre Size Rear||160/60ZR-17M/C|
|Wheels Front||Multi-Spoke Cast Aluminium|
|Wheels Rear||Multi-Spoke Cast Aluminium|
Dimensions and Weights
|Battery Capacity (VAh)||12v 7.4Ah|
|Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm)||2,080mmX790mmX1,060mm|
|Frame type||Steel diamond|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres)||17.1 L|
|Fuel Consumption||28.6km/L / 3.5l/100km|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||145mm|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||189kg|
|Seat Height (mm)||789mm|
|Clutch||Wet multiplate, A.S.clutch|
Instruments and Electrics
|Instruments||Digital Speedometer, Digital Bar Graph Tachometer, Dual Trip Meters, Digital Fuel Level Gauge & Fuel Consumption Gauge, Digital Clock, Water Temp, Gear position indicator|