€18,199 – €19,599
The Africa Twin is built to be used. Hard. On or off-road in the toughest conditions. And because we understand the challenges you have in store for it, we’ve built-in advanced riding technology all of which is easily controlled by a seamless, full-colour Multi Information Display (MID) TFT touch screen interface.
- Off-road performance: The Africa Twin is designed to push limits. Sharp and agile handling in the dirt – whether storming a high-speed gravel trail or trickling up a rocky climb – is thanks to a lightweight main frame and CRF450R-style aluminium swingarm matched to long-travel Showa 45mm inverted front fork and remote reservoir rear shock.
- More powerful 1100cc engine: Peak power and torque are up by 5Kw/5Nm and the parallel twin-cylinder engine is stronger, everywhere in the rev-range. Intake-exhaust efficiency has been carefully optimised with new Electronic Control Unit (ECU) and throttle body feeding a redesigned cylinder head, giving enhanced throttle feel and crisp response.
- Dual headights with DRL: Instantly recognisable, with hard-edged signature stare, the new dual LED headlight delivers a penetrating beam and also features dual Daytime Running Lights (DRL), that automatically adjust to ambient light intensity improving safety no matter the conditions.
- TFT Touch Screen Display: You’ll be fully engaged here. A full-colour 6.5-inch TFT touch-screen offers immersive selection of riding modes and easy control of navigation and Bluetooth smartphone/audio connectivity. Apple CarPlay® allows seamless mirroring and management of iPhone apps or calls via the touch screen.
- Cornering ABS & ESS: The IMU-controlled ABS manages braking force relative to lean angle, speed of deceleration and front and rear wheel slip ratio maintaining traction to the limit of adhesion. Lift of the rear wheel is also controlled. There’s an off-road setting and the rear brake ABS can also be switched off. The Emergency Stop Signals (ESS) indicate a hard-stop situation to those behind.
|Bore × Stroke (mm)||92.0mm x 81.5mm|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||1084cm3|
|Engine Type (cm³)||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 8-valve Parallel Twin with 270° crank and uni-cam|
|Max. Power Output||75.0kW/7500min-1|
|C02 Emissions (g/km)||112g/km|
|Oil Capacity (Litres)||4.9|
|ABS System||2 channel with IMU Selectable ABS MODE with ON road and OFF road|
|Brakes Front||310mm dual wave floating hydraulic disc with aluminium hub and radial fit 4-piston calipers and sintered metal pads|
|Brakes Rear||256mm wave hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper and sintered metal pads. 2-Channel with rear ABS off mode.|
|Suspension Front||Showa 45mm cartridge-type inverted telescopic fork with dial-style preload adjuster and DF adjustments, 230mm stroke.|
|Suspension Rear||Monoblock aluminium swing arm with Pro-Link with SHOWA gas-charged damper, hydraulic dial-style preload adjuster and rebound damping adjustments, 220 mm rear wheel travel.|
|Tyres Front||Bridgestone BATTLAX ADVENTURECROSS TOURER AX41T Metzeler KAROO STREET|
|Tyre Size Front||90/90-21M/C tube type|
|Tyre Size Rear||150/70-R18M/C tube type|
|Tyres Rear||Bridgestone BATTLAX ADVENTURECROSS TOURER AX41T Metzeler KAROO STREET|
|Wheels Front||21M/C x 2.15 Wire spoke with aluminium rim|
|Wheels Rear||18M/C x MT4.00 Wire spoke with aluminium rim|
Dimensions and Weights
|Battery Capacity (VAh)||12V-6Ah Li-ion BATTERY|
|Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm)||2334mm X 961mm X 1391mm|
|Frame type||SemiDouble Cradle|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres)||18.8L|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||250mm|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||226kg|
|Seat Height (mm)||850/870mm (Low Seat option 825, High Seat option 895)|
|Trail (mm)||113 mm|
|Clutch||Wet,Multiplate with coil springs,Aluminium Cam Assist and Slipper clutch|
|Final Drive||O-ring sealed chain|
|Transmission Type||Manual Clutch Transmission|
|Quick Shifter||Optional Accessory|
Instruments and Electrics
|12v Socket||Optional Accessory|
|Ignition System||Electronic, digital transistor|
|Instruments||LCD METER 6.5inch TFT Touch Panel Multi informaiton display|
|Daytime Running Lights||Yes|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth Audio and Apple CarPlay|
|USB Socket||Yes(USB Type A, 1.5A)|
|Self Cancelling Indicators||Yes|
|Emergency Stop Signal||Yes|
|Security||Immobiliser + Optional Alarm|