The 2018 CB1000R stands out from the crowd by moving away from the standard super sports-derived big naked formula to create a motorcycle that melds exhilarating function to a form that offers a radically fresh, visually stunning two-wheeled aesthetic. It’s a motorcycle that looks, feels and performs very differently from what’s gone before.
Two versions available:
CB1000R: Standard model
CB1000R FOP: Featuring quickshifter, heated grips and a range of premium accessories.
- Bold styling: The 2018 CB1000R’s styling takes a bold – and distinct – new direction that deliberately marks it out of the Naked bike mainstream. Every aesthetic detail of the CB1000R has been finessed, and the overall design, its style and powerful stance, merge retro minimalism with the elevated performance package of the engine and chassis.
- Metal Finish: What really makes its presence felt is the use of premium metal finishes throughout the machine, drawing on the long, café racer tradition: parts such as the burnished aluminium radiator shroud and airbox cover, the machined engine cases, cylinder head and sprocket hub, and the lustrously painted flangeless steel fuel tank.
- Light Up: All lighting is LED and the thin round headlight (with its metal-tone painted rim) employs a horseshoe-shaped light ring as well as distinctive two-bar light signature. The rear light is also a semicircular light bar that fills in solid when the brakes are applied. The T-shaped instrument panel – finished in the same metal-tone paint as the headlight rim – integrates into the top yoke, minimising bulk and the ignition switch is positioned at the front of the fuel tank.
- Adjustable Showa Suspension: The adjustable front fork is a Showa Separate Function Fr Fork Big Piston unit (SFF-BP). It contains all the damping function in one leg, reducing weight, while delivering compliance, comfort and control across a broad range of riding conditions. The Showa rear shock adjusts for spring preload, compression and rebound damping.
- Accessories Galore: A ‘CB1000R+’ version is also available, with even greater aspirational appeal. It comes with quickshifter, heated grips and a range of premium accessories that flesh out the CB1000R’s styling: metallic meter visor and seat cowl, front fender panel, hugger panel and radiator grill
|Bore × Stroke (mm)||75mm x 56.5mm|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||998cc|
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled DOHC In-line 4 cylinder|
|Max. Power Output||107kW @ 10,500rpm|
|Max. Torque||104Nm @ 8,250rpm|
|Brakes Front||310mm double disc|
|Brakes Rear||256mm single disc|
|Suspension Front||Showa SFF-BP USD fork|
|Suspension Rear||Pressurised Seperation Type|
|Tyre Size Front||120/70 ZR17|
|Tyre Size Rear||190/55 ZR17|
|Wheels Front||Cast aluminium|
|Wheels Rear||Cast aluminium|
Dimensions and Weights
|Battery Capacity (VAh||12V/8.6AH|
|Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm)||2120mm x 789mm x 1090mm|
|Frame type||Steel mono backbone|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres)||16.2 litres|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||135mm|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||212kg|
|Seat Height (mm)||830mm|
|Clutch||Wet, multiplate clutch|
Instruments and Electrics
|Headlight & Taillight||LED|