A stylishly stripped-back new ‘sport naked’ for new riders looking to take the next step in their motorcycling career in style.
The CB300R. Part of a new ‘sport naked’ family – which includes the CB1000R – it distills all of the excitement of two wheels into a distinctively-styled, lightweight form.
- Minimal Styling: Styling is a deliberate reduction, putting the machine’s blacked-out hardware on display. It’s also brutally neat and brings a new hard-edged attitude to the naked bike scene.
- Lightweight frame: The frame is constructed with tubular and pressed steel; the swingarm is manufactured from steel plate, irregularly shaped in cross-section. Both are designed to achieve high longitudinal rigidity and control torsion from wheel deflection without excess rigidity or weight.
- Fuel Saving: The 10L fuel cell is hidden underneath an angular cover and shrouds and houses an aircraft-style filler cap. With fuel economy of 30.2km/l (WMTC mode), the CB300R can cover over 300km from full.
- An Engine for all: The CB300R’s compact 286cc DOHC 4-valve liquid-cooled single cylinder engine – shared with the CBR300R – is a diminutive jewel that has won many fans for its free-revving and responsive nature. And while that free-spinning character can get the adrenaline pumping as revs rise, it’s also an engine that works well in ‘real-world’ road riding conditions, both around town and out on the highway.
- Full LED & LCD: A thin (23.5mm) lightweight (230g) full function LCD instrument display provides speed, engine rpm, fuel level and gear position simply, with warning lights arrayed across the top. Full LED lighting – including indicators – adds a premium feel and contributes to mass centralisation. The headlight uses a dual bar light signature, upper for low beam and lower for high beam and the taillight is the thinnest ever mounted on a Honda motorcycle.
|Bore & Stroke (mm)||76mm x 63mm|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||286cc|
|Engine Type (cm³)||Liquid-cooled single cylinder|
|Max. Power Output||23.1kw/8500rpm|
|Oil Capacity (Litres)||1.8L/1.5L|
|Brakes Front||240mm disc with double piston caliper|
|Brakes Rear||130mm drum|
|Suspension Front||41mm telescopic fork, 130mm stroke|
|Suspension Rear||Monoshock damper, Pro-Link swingarm, 107mm travel|
|Tyre Size Front||80/100 – 18M/C 47P|
|Tyre Size Rear||90/90 – 18M/C 51P|
|Wheels Front||18” six spoke cast aluminium|
|Wheels Rear||18” six spoke cast aluminium|
Dimensions and Weights
|Battery Capacity (VAh)||12V-7AH|
|Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm)||2012mm x 802mm x 1052mm|
|Frame type||Steel diamond frame|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres)||10.0L|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||151mm|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||143kg|
|Seat Height (mm)||799mm|
|Clutch||Wet, multiplate hydraulic clutch|
Instruments and Electrics